- Each time the Impromptu Duet Act (IDA) button on the navigation bar is clicked, the generator will randomly display 3 professions, 3 locations and 3 activities.
- Student pairs should select 2 professions, 1 location and 1 activity from the results.
- Each pair is alloted 30 minutes to prepare a 4-7 minute skit based on the information selected.
- Coaches may allow the use of a table and two chairs for the scene; however, all other props must be pantomimed.
- Evaluate students based on plot and character development, creative introductions and ability to pantomime props.
- This event is offered at tournaments in the state of Kansas; but also works well as an in-class exercise to improve creativity, spontaneity and student interaction.
|Pharmacist||In a museum||Playing bridge|
|Funeral Attendant||In a boat house||Fixing the lawn mower|
|Social Worker||In a park||Winning the lottery|